Student Accident Insurance
One fact in our schools is student injuries will occur each school year. Some will be minor bumps and bruises, but others can be very serious injuries. With the increase in medical costs and the large number of students uninsured, KASB decided to take the initiative to assist school districts in addressing the issues.
KASB’s solution is to provide access to a voluntary parent purchase student accident/health program, and, most importantly, district purchased mandatory coverage and mandatory catastrophic coverage.
The Kansas Association of School Boards endorsed provider is Student Assurance Services, Inc.
Why is student accident insurance important?
- Many students enrolled in your district currently have little or
no health insurance. As such, districts generally use our programs:
- As a community service to families;
- To facilitate compliance with state law or board policy;
- To lessen financial barriers and improve lower income students’ access to extra curricular activities;
- To reduce the likelihood of otherwise uninsured school related injuries and legal costs to the district.
Contact us for additional information
Rod Spanger, KASB Assistant Executive Director of Insurance Services
1420 SW Arrowhead Road, Topeka, Kan. 66604
785-273-3600 Toll Free: 800-432-2471 Fax: 785-273-7580