Leadership for Tomorrow
See below to see testimonials from our recent graduates!
KASB's Leadership for Tomorrow program identifies exemplary school board members, superintendents, principals and other administrators for training and experiences that create opportunities for professional and personal growth. In the past 10 years the program has graduated over 100 leaders who have gone on to have an impact at the local, state and national levels.
This statewide program:
-Identifies exemplary school board members, superintendents, assistant superintendents, principals and administrators.
-Informs them of key education issues through five sessions held throughout the school year.
-Provides avenues through which participants better understand how issues impact districts differently.
-Fosters legislative advocacy.
-Builds leadership capacity at the local, state and national levels.
To accomplish this, the program’s five sessions will focus on the issues and opportunities of Kansas education in such areas as:
- legal issues, advocacy issues
- budget issues—local and state
- community engagement
- technology and student achievement
- special education, communication
- poverty, safety
- media, rural and urban issues,
- ESL, national trends,
- post-secondary education opportunities
- health insurance
The training will include:
- Five sessions conducted at different locations across the state.
- Recognized Kansas education practitioners, state and federal legislative leaders, attorneys, state board members, KSDE representatives, as well as professionals in leadership will be faculty presenters for the sessions.
- Sessions will allow participants to meet and informally visit with leaders in the state and other class participants.
- The benefits of the program are two-fold. First, the benefit the state of Kansas will receive as a result of the effort to stimulate and develop future Kansas education leaders is first and foremost. Second, there will be many benefits for the participants themselves. The added knowledge of current educational issues and how different districts are affected will be beneficial to all class members in their current positions.
Contact KASB for details!
800.432.2471, 785.274.3600 or email email@example.com