Whole Board Training
Whole Board Training is one of the most effective board development options available. Whole Board Training is delivered on-site, customized to meet your district’s specific staff development and board training needs. Whole Board Training works with an individual board (or in some cases, a group of boards in a region) to discuss issues, provide information and establish policies and procedures designed to accomplish your mission.
KASB has a staff of experts available to travel to your district and work with your board. On-site training is advantageous to the district because more individuals from the district are able to participate! Time constraints and travel costs are significantly reduced when training is conducted in the district.
As you plan board training activities, look at what KASB can offer. Areas of specialization districts have found to be most beneficial include research data, boardsmanship, legal issues, communications, insurance, advocacy, demographics, policy and planning.
- On-site training enables more individuals to attend.
- Several districts in an area may join together to save costs.
- It reduces time constraints and travel time for board members.
- Individualized instruction is customized to meet local needs.
- Handout information is provided.
- Follow-up activities are available upon request.
- Practical suggestions and guidelines are offered to address local issues.